Stage Door

The life and times of a broadway fanatic far from home...

Sunday, July 08, 2012

Period of silence

So, I've decided to discontinue this blog.  It no longer serves the purpose that I initially intended it for.  It's become more like an online journal, and who needs that when I have a real journal?  I don't really have it in me to write the funny or upbeat or entertaining posts that I used to, and it's become more and more depressing around "the Stage Door" of late.  Maybe that's my whole problem, I've been so concerned about putting on a show. 

When I was a little kid, I used to be pretty roudy.  I was rambunctious, and funny, always singing songs and telling stories.  At some point not long after the abuse started, I realized that no one was really hearing me.  Then I retreated.  I could keep completely silent for days at a time, not even speaking when spoken to.  I would go into my room and just play by myself.  I learned to be pretty good company all alone.  At some point in my early teens, I learned to hide in a different way.  I hid behind humor and jokes and putting on a show. 

But I'm tired now.  I'm thinking it may not be a bad idea to retreat for a while.  So, the show's over, folks.  I wish y'all well.  If anyone actually wants to talk to me, y'all know where to find me.  See you on the flip side.

Labels: Life Updates

posted by Rachel at 6:59 PM

<< Home

About Me

My Photo
Name: Rachel
Location: Utah, United States

Well, I managed to get through both Bachelor's and Master's programs in English, which supposedly means I know how to write. I hope that you will enjoy what you read here, or at least that it will get you thinking and doing and feeling. I've learned through my life's experiences to believe in miracles, renewal, and the enduring love of my Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. No one can take those beliefs away from me. I want to shout from the rooftops the wonders that I've learned to see in this world. Welcome. I hope we can be friends and that we'll be able to share special experiences together.

View my complete profile

Previous Posts

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from rachelteddy2. Make your own badge here.

Powered by Blogger